Alumni Relations Coordinator
- Position Summary
The Alumni Relations Coordinator position plays a vital role by establishing, creating, and maintaining a strong relationship between Keystone Alumni and the Keystone community. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Alumni Relations Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to organize all functions of alumni relations, including working with the Alumni Council to execute its annual plan and activities, fundraising efforts, planning and running special events designed for alumni, building a value-driven alumni culture with current students, and implementing services and activities that engage alumni and encourage participation in the life of Keystone. This is a full-time position in the Development Office and includes employee benefits.
Key Job Elements:
- Evaluate and enhance current alumni program and activities to grow alumni participation.
- Conduct personal solicitations with Keystone alumni donors and prospects in coordination with the Director of Development in a data-driven approach to alumni support.
- Solicit gifts through several appeals (in-person, direct mail, online, phone).
- Generate alumni interest and connectedness through various avenues including social media, print, email, mail, phone, website, and personal interactions.
- Organize and implement events including online initiatives that generate a sense of community and philanthropy.
- Maintain and update the Alumni web page and all associated alumni communications including the alumni magazine and newsletters in conjunction with the Director of Communications.
- Maintain alumni records and other files, including alumni transactions, and data research for alumni updates and alumni news.
- Build interactive networking and career opportunities for alumni to include new employer resources and internships.
- Enhance the alumni culture on campus while building an effective student-alumni transition program.
- Create an active parents of alumni group to nurture connectivity and continued support.
- Prepare statistical reports for the Director of Development, the Alumni Council, and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Alumni Relations preferred.
- Demonstrated personal solicitation experience.
- Public relations, marketing, and event planning experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Ability to work with students, faculty and alumni, as well as volunteers of all ages.
- Must be able to handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PC, graphic design, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as warranted as well as regional and national alumni events.
Send cover letter and resume by March 31, 2017 to:
Director of Development
119 E. Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212