Academic WorldQuest makes it 13 titles in a row
This makes 13 years in a row that Keystone has captured the regional title and advanced to national competition.
Here’s Keystone’s top-placing team (from left):
- Lorenzo, 12th Grade
- Julia, 10th Grade
- Ishan, 11th Grade
- Andy, 12th Grade
Keystone’s winning team travels to Washington, D.C. for the national finals in April.
The second-place team of 10th graders André, Bodhi, Lucas, and Malia were all first time participants who performed well and are poised to fill in for the graduating seniors.
The third-place team of 9th graders Darsh, Shaum, Sarim, and Suhin finished strongly and look to form the backbone of teams in the coming years.
Academic WorldQuest pits four-player teams of high school students in testing their knowledge of international affairs. Teams answer 10 questions in 10 thematic categories. Here are this year’s topics:
- Securing the Future of the World’s Wildlife
- The Arctic Council: Frozen Cooperation
- Atrocity Prevention and Accountability
- Combating Global Food Insecurity
- Economic Sanctions – A Double-Edged Sword
- Country in Focus: Ethiopia
- The Future of Supply Chains
- Battle of the Century: Autocracy vs. Democracy
Congratulations to all the winners and good luck at Nationals!